Upgrade's Damn You

Discussion in 'MS Heli' started by Manyc, May 19, 2014.

By Manyc on May 19, 2014 at 11:15 AM
  1. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Comments

Discussion in 'MS Heli' started by Manyc, May 19, 2014.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

WOW.... they look very nice. I bet they make what is currently an awesome tail (with the upgrade) even more awesome....

2. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

!@#$ you.. i know you already have them.. you've been selling me in it for weeks now

3. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

It makes a big Difference :)

4. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Looks what's in... [​IMG]

Citizen#024

5. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Initial thoughts...

Tail blades grips are of a good build quality... gross move smoothly and freely...

What I don't like is that they are very tight for c.f. blades... the need to loctite the bearings in place... why not just have a larger washer? But my biggest grip is you need to loctite the tail blade bolts.. not lock nut... this will make it a pain if you want to take on and off the blades..

Pitch slider... would not go on square... most likely my tail case... will try a spare... but I am a lot happier with the design of it... everything moves very freely even when attached to the tail hub...

Will try and gets sine flights on it this weekend...

Citizen#024

6. The Dude

They tail parts are made to all go with the ally tail case, so yes.. when that comes out, everything is a perfect fit. But the intention is for everything to work with stock parts, i have tested it all and it's fine interchanging with stock parts, However at times there is the need for some tweaking as Lynx cant control the quality of the plastic parts. I also had to change over the plastic tail case at one stage to get things to work right.

Blade grip tightness, it's tight on carbon, but loosens up, tail grips where designed for the plastic and the carbons are a tad tight , but it not an issue at all, loctite a blade grip bolt.. yer. so.. you only need a small drop and if you change the blades you don't need to do it again as whats drys on the bolt is enough to hold it later down the track.

loctite the bearings in place? Not sure what you mean .. If you mean the blade grip bearings, then yes.. The grips are made to be serviceable by anyone, so you need to be able to get the bearings out to change them if need be, without the use of a press or heating them up as that's just a pain. So if thats what you mean i would use a tiny drop of bearing retainer not loctite, but really i don't even bother, there is no need.

Just fly it .

Last edited: May 24, 2014
    7. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Switched up the tail case and is better... better than the stock before but no where near as smooth as my larger helis... looking forward to the tail case and see if it smooths it out

Citizen#024

8. The Dude

make sure the tails grips pull out even, as i have seen some issues with this ..

9. The Dude

I'll run over it next time i see you, it's should be super smooth in flight and locked in , mine and rays are..