AU New To Helicopters But Not To Rc

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by maddowse, Aug 3, 2015.

By maddowse on Aug 3, 2015 at 7:57 PM
  1. maddowse

maddowse New Member

Hello my name is stuart from Melbourne and joined this site recently as iv just purchased a pre crashed blade 400 pro.
    My intention is to learn how to fly on the simulator while fixing the blade.

As above states im now to helicopters but certainly not new to the rc world.

Iv crashed and destroyed nitro cars brushless boats planes buggies and cars . I love to modify and ultimately end up with and over powered death machine, and love every minute of it.

My currently running toys are a traxas slash (rear wheel version ) that i have chopped and lowered the center of gravity. Its rock solid but a little tired now but still the best car iv owned by fare.

I have a tt01 Frankenstein drift car that i cant put street tyres on because it shreds them off (top speed before kissing a gutter was 100kmh)

And another self built Frankenstein jet boat that flips under its own power ! In flat water its awsome .

Iv had some planes that have come and crubbled and have a new one in the shed waiting for good weather.

But the blad is the next on my list of fun and failed! !!

Ill pop in every now and then to say hi and pick your brain's.
    Thanks for letting me join

Comments

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by maddowse, Aug 3, 2015.

1. MadBird

MadBird Well-Known Member

Haha that thing is farrrking insane! And yes t is windy!

2. maddowse

maddowse New Member

Yeah it looses suction and bombs out if the waters not flat , good fun though. Iv had to go for a swim a few times though

3. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

@maddowse, you will be one to watch! I'm interested to see what sort of "overpowered death machine" you create with a heli (within reasonable safety limits of course, helis have been litterally known to inflict injury and death when improperly handled) There is plenty of knowledge here on the subject of power mods!

4. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Welcome to heligods dude Rc boats are awesome fun And yes you always end up going for a swim at some stage
      You should come check at Melbourne Rc Heli club me and so of the guys have Rc cars and boats that we use after a day's flying
      When the weather is warmer

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    5. maddowse

maddowse New Member

Will do . I often see the club down at the armish school in bangholme

6. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Yep that's the one and we have the water sports centre right next to are club For boAting and bajaing after a awesome days flying:)

7. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Welcome to THE site, it's full of information, but your best port of call is catching up with @3dmick or Ray or Mark or anyone down there, there is heaps of good pilots and knowledgeable chaps at that club. As for letting you in, their standards are pretty low, they let me in..
      Simon
      Here's a pic of one of mine to get you pumped
      [​IMG]

8. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Welcome @maddowse, glad that you joined. MRCHC is a premier helicopter club that has people flying all sorts of styles (f3c, smak, speed). Plenty of flying space and most importantly lots of helpful people. @3dmick has been known to build helicopter for people just to help them out (no not true but got his attention i bet). There are multi disciplined RC enthusiasts there - of course they only fly helis at the club but 1 min down the road is the watersports center. Hope to see you around

9. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Mrchc is also the home of the heligods lol