Info Protos 380!!

Discussion in 'MS Heli' started by Ozzy Mozzy, May 24, 2016.

By Ozzy Mozzy on May 24, 2016 at 8:07 AM
  1. Ozzy Mozzy

Ozzy Mozzy Well-Known Member

Looks like MSH have been busy....... Here is a copy and paste from HF

The Protos 380 is almost here. We wanted to give you guys a first look at this _amazing_ machine.

We will release more details soon, but here are a few of the specifications:

Up to 380mm size disk
    Standard and Evoluzione versions available
    Includes miniBrain2 (full featured, yet incredibly small footprint. Includes new processor, logging, and rescue features)
    Twin belt design, with robust OWB located in the main pulley assembly
    Auto tail belt tension mechanism
    Huge gear ratio range making it compatible with very power system configuration
    Very low disk loading with a very high vertical CG. Giving it unmatched flight performance and feel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments

Discussion in 'MS Heli' started by Ozzy Mozzy, May 24, 2016.

1. William

William Active Member

Yippee!

2. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

So you are happy with the protos380 @William? I have ssen one fly and i was impressed. The build is nice and @Manyc is correct in his evaluation stating that it has all the good things of a protos 450 and none of the bad things.

3. William

William Active Member

First, yes MSH make some good kit!

Yes so far the flight characteristics are awesome, but my build was not trouble free! I had two issues with my Evo boom, firstly, it was to long... next, the slot to index the tail case was not in the right position, my tail case is about 3° off, the fin shows it best, but the output shaft is off too! I managed to get the belt over the pulley but I would not want to do it again, the heli might not survive my rage! That said, the offset doesn't seem to effect performance, a better pilot might notice it, but I don't!

Yes I do like the 360, yes it is a sexy beast, no I did not enjoy the build, I usually don't, I'm a flier not a builder!