Build Thread Sab Goblin 500 Build Thread

Discussion in 'Sab' started by NevErSn0w, May 8, 2014.

By NevErSn0w on May 8, 2014 at 9:41 PM
  1. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

Goblin-500-2.jpg
    hey all, got a goblin 500 coming my way thanks to the boys over at ZenRC and will be doing a build thread and time lapse over the time of the build! if you have any questions let me know and ill try my hardest or ask kyle at http://www.zenrc.com.au/ask-kyle-article/
    if anyone has any tips and tricks for the build let me know as im always up for advice!

here is the setup:
    Goblin 500 Red kit (http://www.zenrc.com.au/product/goblin-500-redwhite/)
    Quantum 4120-1200kv (http://www.zenrc.com.au/product/quantum-outrunner-brushless-heli-motor-4120-1200kv-goblin-500/)
    BK DS-5001HV Cyclic Servos (http://www.zenrc.com.au/product/bk-cyclic-servo-model-5001hv/)
    BK DS-7005HV Tail Servo (http://www.zenrc.com.au/product/bk-servo-multi-size-digital-tail-servo-model-7005hv/)
    Castle Creations Talon 90 ESC (http://www.zenrc.com.au/product/castle-creation-talon-90-25v-90-amp-esc/)
    Ikon FBL unit (http://www.zenrc.com.au/product/ikon-flybarless-system-polarity-protection-feature/)

thanks for looking, the heli is due monday so will start the building tuesday! :)

Cheers guys
    Darcy

Comments

Discussion in 'Sab' started by NevErSn0w, May 8, 2014.

1. ZEN RC

ZEN RC Well-Known Member

Yeah sorry Darcy, in hindsight I probably should have mentioned the Talon runs hot in the 500. It is quite dependent on your flying style, big air for example gives the ESC a lot of airflow so it's not really a problem. Heavy smack though and it will hit the overheat warning every time. You still get a decent flight time out of it, but it used to worry me too. I ended up upgrading to the YGE100 and haven't had a problem since. The YGE's are brilliant because they are so small they fit in the ESC compartment with tons of room to spare. No mods required. They are my personal ESC of choice now. I find now that even after Josh Labita (or Min) smack the bird around, the speedy just looks at us and says "is that all you got? gimme a real challenge please...."
      When you asked for the Talon I just figured you were sure about it so I didn't even question you. Nevermind, give it a go and see how you like it. There are still plenty of souls out there with Talon 90's in the 500's and not having any dramas at all. You might just be another one of them :)

Oh and btw, the bird is officially in the mail and headed your way.
      Enjoy!!

2. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

Nah thats fine mate! I was confident on the Talon 90 as it is in the specs for Goblin 500 :) it will be fine im sure for my flying style!

Awesome! Looking forwards to building it and grtting my goblin on! :D

3. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

Cool.good luck man cause the gobby 500 is a
      Battery basher if you flog it. You're goin to love it mate.
      Work in on my logo 600 tonight hope to maiden it tomorrow.

4. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

I used the talon 90 on mine at first, it was fine.. a mate has it on his 550 and has never had a problem

5. ZEN RC

ZEN RC Well-Known Member

If you do get it airborne 5Fidy post us a photo or even better, a maiden video. I love watching helis get in the air for the first time. Always feels like a win to me. :D

6. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

Ah Mr Zen you guys have those HALO BLADES don't you.I tried some at freestylers
      you guys took them of Kyles gobby and I walked them on mine they were Awsome
      will eventually invest in some. What various sizes do they Make?

7. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

8. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

Sweet man! :D

9. ZEN RC

ZEN RC Well-Known Member

Thanks Citizen#024

Yeah 5Fidy we have the HALO's and everyone that fly's them seems to fall in love with them. They are definitely a blade for pro fliers (unlike myself) and really make a difference to hard 3d flight. They are a great blade and can't wait till HALO finally release the entire range. For now though we only have the 700mm, 610mm, 360mm mains, and the 105mm tails. If I can get to the Queens Birthday fun fly I'll bring a few sets up for people to try.

10. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

@ZEN RC

Bring some 360's for sure, will most likely buy some ..

11. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

I want them to release some 515s or something that size for my Garblin 500 :D

12. ZEN RC

ZEN RC Well-Known Member

Done - if I can get there.... still negotiating with shee most holy....Actually haven't started negotiating yet (I have a cunning plan that involves me firing the first round, possibly of diamond type nature)

13. ZEN RC

ZEN RC Well-Known Member

Me too bro. I was hoping to keep my last set of rails until the HALO 510's get released. But you saw my post on RC Heli last night.... no more rails :(
      The 510's were supposed to be released a few weeks ago, not sure what happened or what was wrong with them, but Bobby Watts was not happy and had them recalled. I trust Bobby, the boy knows his stuff. So they are back on the waiting list, but apparently 510's should be the next size available. Fingers crossed.
      BRING IT ON !!

14. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

Awesome! 510s here we come! :D

Yeah, sad about rails for sure but lets be honest, Halos are p robably better ;)

15. josh

josh Active Member

I love my halo 700mm blades, have them on both my 700s

16. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

And there it is from the Man himself guys ;)

17. ZEN RC

ZEN RC Well-Known Member

LOL - no comment.

And still haven't tested the new SAB blacklines yet - they are supposed to be pretty good. I'll let Josh tell me what he thinks on that score in a couple weeks time.

18. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

Yeah. Blacklines look good, will you be stocking them?

19. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Don't just bring some to try... bring some for us to buy... also a few of us now have 570's. So if you have any upgrade parts by then might be worth bringing then along as well.... just saying..

What happened to rail?

Citizen#024

20. ZEN RC

ZEN RC Well-Known Member

LOL, Nothing has happened to Rail. I just lost my last set when I parked my 500 inverted on the local oval last week ;)