Trex 450l Vs Other 450 Helis

Discussion in 'Align' started by Synergy333, Aug 6, 2014.

By Synergy333 on Aug 6, 2014 at 10:03 AM
  1. Synergy333

Synergy333 New Member

I'm going back and forth over which 450 to get. Didn't have great experiences with Align 2 years ago but this one looks better. Worried about the gaui only because of parts support and the same is true with the new chase coming out. Just want to see what you guys think!

Comments

Discussion in 'Align' started by Synergy333, Aug 6, 2014.

1. riddickpatchershighsolutions

riddickpatchershighsolutions New Member

Hi bud just have good access for all parts align are the best at it or a hobby shop that has parts for what he likes you want to buy
      Really if not good at just flying,get a computer simulator that you can plug,the are different ones Phenix is best one I feel your chose tho

2. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

Well, since the topic of the thread is "Trex 450l Vs Other 450 Helis".

My subjective and biased side would say, get a Hirobo Embla.

And now for my objective and pedantic side.

To me, 450 means 450 mm blades, so Align, and even Hirobo are telling us porkies.

Thunder Tiger Mini Titan 325 have got it right. The mentioned KDS chase 360 and Goblin 380 have got it right.

Both the KDS and Goblin look solid.

What I find appealing with the non Align kits, it lets you pick your FBL system, servos etc etc. With align you have to spend all your money with them.

However, add an extra 30 mm to the theoretical 450 and you can get a Logo extreme 480.

3. Synergy333

Synergy333 New Member

Sorry, forgot this thread was still around. Got a X3 back in September, but sold it after a few weeks so I could pre order the G380. This will be the heli that suits a particular size I need to work on maneuvers before trying them on my 700 size heli. Glad I didn't get the first batch Chase, saw there were a lot of issues with that. Anyways, thanks for the advice. About to work on rolling loops on the sim now.

4. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

What makes the Hirobo Embla stand out from the others @HungryHungryHippos ? Is it the CG (the motor is sitting in a good position, the drive train (looks like TT, how do the gears hold up) its weight or flying characteristics?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. smakmeharder

The ultimate test of weather a helicopter suits you or not is ownership. Many helis have teething issues upon release unfortunately..

6. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I would be quietly confident in the 380... the 570 was pretty much flawless on release.. Only thing I had issue with was the blades... but that's personal preference.. the hearing has been released.. 380mm blades at 3600 it's maximum recommended speed is going to be insane

7. smakmeharder

Im thinking 380 is such a good size. I love the way the minip swings 360s...... will be interesting to see how heavy the beasty 380 is...

8. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Yeah I would look into it with serious consideration.. if not for the bucket loads of mini protos parts I have... or that new xnova motor I bought

9. smakmeharder

The thing that gets me with the minip is so little weight for so much blade area @ 360mm. This allows for many things ie....

Less weight means more responsiveness during pogos. When you load it up with more weight, it slows the transition down a bit. I can feel it.
      Less weight means less stress on parts and batteries
      Less weight means less damage during crashes (all things considered)
      The single belt design is awesome. I allways thought that if you increase the width of the belt by 1mm it might have some real benefits for better endurance and power transfer. The belt also means less weight due to less moving parts and less vibration transfer.

The Goblin 380 will be the one to watch however.... It looks so sexy..

10. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

Before the KDS chase and Goblin 380, there would be consideration for the Embla, as opposed to align or blade. I was kind of not impressed with the workmanship / build of the align, and as for blade, well, meh, and HobbyKing, never ever again.

I dont think Embla stands out, but, my Embla has been like a Toyota 4WD on a West Australian mine site, reliable, no nonsense. It just worked.