You Do Not Have To Listen To This Podcast

Discussion in 'General Subjects' started by utrinque, Feb 7, 2015.

By utrinque on Feb 7, 2015 at 10:50 PM
  1. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

Comments

Discussion in 'General Subjects' started by utrinque, Feb 7, 2015.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

WGN RADIO = Buttholes ....I listened to the podcast and i must say WGN were pretty disrespectful to Roman Pirozek. They smirk as if its a hobby for social misfits and through innuendo make fun of Roman. Way to go in order to get ratings....They have no idea what a smaking 700 looks like and have a preconceived notion to make fun of the hobby and those that enjoy it. Well I would love one of them to stand on the flight line while tareq was smakin the hell out of one of his machines and then draw a conclusion then. Thanks for exposing them for who they are....

2. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Typical in today's society for people to mock what they do not understand. If someone manages to accidentally dismember or kill themselves with a lawnmower or something as simple as that, then it's not so funny. Leave it to newscasters to make light of things at others' expense. o_O

3. marcust

marcust Member

awesome, thanks for the heads up

4. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

And correct @Beaver. I did not even vaguely know Roman but i can still empathise with his parents and his friends. Was it just me? Am i reading something into that podcast that I shouldnt? I dont think so, i think its a pretty bad judgement to talk in that manner about a young man who lost his life. Flying 3d choppers hard is pretty extreme and takes a high level of skill and guts to pull it off the way Roman did.

5. simon

simon Well-Known Member

It's not just you @smakmeharder , I think every decent human being would think that pod cast is just disgraceful, I wonder if they would think it's funny if it was their loved one. I know a radio station I'll never listen to on line.
      Simon

6. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

Sometimes we forget that for many people adult with remote controlled model looks pathetic. Sometimes I think it actually is... to be honest.