USA New Heligod Member Checking In From Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by helladies, Aug 19, 2014.

By helladies on Aug 19, 2014 at 5:18 PM
  1. helladies

helladies Active Member

Hello fellow pilots!

Been in RC for 5 years now... Got rid of all my helis (Blade 300X/450X, Goblin 500/700, Align Trex 550E) except my Blade 130X cause I needed the money and couldnt keep up with the repairs ... I fly hard.

Now, i'm working on the Eagle Ford Shale and can actually afford the hobby again!! :)

so I went ahead and scooped up a T-REX-550L-DOMINATOR-SUPER-COMBO-w-Gpro that i'm gonna slap together this coming weekend. Cant wait!

Good to be here!

Thanks for accepting my registry!

Comments

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by helladies, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Jeff_Bradley

Jeff_Bradley Well-Known Member

Hello Helladies, welcome to the forum, i hope you enjoy your stay

2. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Welcome to the asylum that is heligods

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    3. helladies

helladies Active Member

Thank you.

From the looks of it this seems like an awesome spot to be.

I look forward to sharing and learning new things about this addictive hobby!;)

4. hgnimda

hgnimda Ray - Administrator Staff Member

Welcome @helladies its a pleasure to have you on board! Have a look around and feel free to participate in any conversations. Are you into 3d, f3c or sport flying? we have a great selection of tutorials here for you to review. If you want to learn something specific feel free to ask any of the members or even refer to our own special @3D Heligod (he does most the tutorials).

5. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and back to the fold.. I like the look of that new 550l..

6. helladies

helladies Active Member

Hell yea.. luvin it. Its supposed to be at my door tomorrow evening. (shouldve know better and had it sent to my office--UPS delivers to commercial THEN they jump to residential---could have had it at 3pm instead of at 7-9pm ---You know im a fiend LOL)

I'm into 3D... and some smooth "big air flying" just a mix of aything really...

I can do piro flips about 5 feet off the ground (my gut wont allow any lower than that for now :p) hurricanes in every direction, four point tic tocs, ect... And some sloppy looking moves ive probably made up myself haha-- Ive crashed SOOO many times! Guess I learn the hard way and get cocky pretty quickly lol

I'll be sure to post some videos of me smacking this 550L around for sures

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    7. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Would be great to see some of your videos @helladies. Sounds like your very proficient! Can you piroflip both ways?

8. helladies

helladies Active Member

Thanks! No.. I can only piroflip left lol

If I try the other way im all over the place.. Thats hard for thumbers like me. I presume thats easier to learn when you pinch the sticks... My thumbs go dumb when I have to rotate counter clockwise---Gotta practice that so I dont get stuck in left piroflips.... but, not like anyone in the peanut section knows the difference anyway lol

9. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

LOL the peanut section.... ha ha.. Yes I prefer left tail as well. My right tail piroflips are getting there but when I fly i constantly ask my self why piroflip right tail when you can piroflip left tail no problem? And while i pick up on it, i doubt if anyone else even bothers to take notice...

10. helladies

helladies Active Member

Its true I mean... I can transition just fine to whatever I want to transition to while coming out of a left piroflip... Not like i'm aiming to be a 3D master champ or anything so i'm not too concerned with learning the other way right now... What i'm trying to get down on the sim right now (i'm working night shift in my office just flying the sim for 12hrs getting paid $21/hr plus overtime--I <3 my job LoL) are piro tic tocs... they are a beotch to learn! Definitely not ready to even Attempt them in real life! That's my next goal for learning new maneuvers

11. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

I don't piro flip yet, but I've been working on the lesson on mode 1 piro flips posted by @3D Heligod on my sim.

I was thinking of what direction to start and started left tail.

Then the thought occurred to me as the lesson is broken up into half piro flips with piros between, what if you started left tail for the first half and transitioned to right tail for the last half.

Not sure if it's a valid move or a good idea, but it would mix stuff up a bit ...

12. helladies

helladies Active Member

Woah! Mode 1! Thats a whole different galaxy for me!

@Stuart That would be a good, disciplined way to learn so you can be "ambidextrous"(?) with your muscle memory... Not ambidextrous.. thats not the correct term, but you know what I mean-- adaptable instead of learning the "wrong" way and getting into bad habits

Flying helis is like Golf. Looks easy at first, but it aint!

So Classic when you finish throwing down smack in front of a small crowd of newcomers and one asks if they can try

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    13. helladies

helladies Active Member

Hey guys, has there been a Heligods meets yet? Seems like a nice, tight community... How new is this site? ? I dont recall seeing it up before my break from the hobby...